Nightmares of the Last War
The Quori are evil spirits which inhabit Dal Quor, the plane of Dreams. There are a number of different types of Quori, each serving a different purpose.
Tsoreva- Enforcers and assassins on Eberron.
Tsucora- the most common kind of Quori, similar to a Tsoreva but favouring mental abilities over physical.
Du’ulora- Warriors of Dal Quor
Usvapna – Dream Masters, mental manipulators
Hashalaq- Loremasters and sages
Kalaraq – Eyebinders, the nobility and leaders of the Quori
Quori Subtype: Quori is a subtype of the outsider type. It refers to a native of the plane of Dal Quor.
Traits: A quori possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Energy Resistance (Ex): A quori gains resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
- Greater Teleport (Su): On the plane of Dal Quor, a quori can use greater teleport at will, as the spell (caster level 14th), except that the quori can only transport itself and up to 50 pounds of objects. This ability does not function on other planes.
- Immunities (Ex): Quori have immunity to fear, charm, and sleep effects.
- Power Resistance (Ex): A quori gains power resistance equal to 11 + its Hit Dice.
- See in Darkness (Su): A quori can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell. —Telepathy (Su): A quori can communicate telepathically
with any other creature within 100 feet that has a language.
When a Quori is killed on Dal Quor its essence is absorbed into the plane and the spirit is “reborn” after a period of weeks or months, this new spirit is of the same type but possesses neither the personality nor the knowledge of its previous incarnation.
roughly 1,800 years ago a rebel group of 67 Quori fled Dal Quor and were able to permanently enter the bodies of willing hosts on Eberron. These Quori spirits soon found that inhabiting a human host was a permanent act and also that same-gendered children of their human hosts would share their Quori spirit, as time went on these Human/Quori people became known as the Kalashtar.